University of Derby College, Buxton is located on Harpur Hill in Buxton, Derbyshire.
Formerly known as High Peaks College, it became part of the University of Derby in 1998. The Harpur Hill Campus closed in 2006 as the University moved into their newly refurbished spa facilities at the Devonshire campus in the centre of Buxton.
Derby University can be dated back to 1850's where various schools joined together over the following years which helped the university achieve the skills to offer a verity of subjects. These amalgamated schools became the Derbyshire College of Higher Education. It was one of only a couple of colleges of higher education to gain university status in 1992.
When staff and students from the former High Peak College site at Harpur Hill in Buxton relocated to the newly refurbished Devonshire Campus, some of the furniture from that site was donated to the Key Stage 4 Support Centre in Chapel-en-le-Frith, which helps children who have challenging behaviour continue their education and gain skills and confidence as well as other schools in the area. Also the University has also donated over 2,000 PCs and sports equipment to schools in Ghana through the African charity Data Link.
Harpur Hill Campus offered a variety of subjects as well as leisure facilities. These included art and design, languages, CAD, electronics, motor vehicle studies, catering beauty therapy, hair dressing as well as many more subjects. It is now demolished.