Doncaster High School For Girls is located in Doncaster in South Yorkshire. It is a former girls grammar school which now sits derelict awaiting demolition.
The girls grammar school was built in 1910 after a fierce design competition in 1909. It was won by J. M. Bottomley, son and Welburn, an architectural firm based in Leeds and was then built by J. T. Wright. The design was simple, built in a V shape plan with a central section with two ground floor wings. J. M. Bottomley designed the building in an Edwardian Baroque style utilising red brick and it was laid in an English cross bond style with white faience dressings.
The building was altered in 1935 to designs produced by T Sydney Athron and E Vincent Dyson. They added first floors to the two wings and moved the assembly hall from the ground floor to the first floor on the Waterdale wing. Various rooms were changed to suit new needs, an extension was built on the south east of the Chequer wing to house new laboratory facilities.
The school finally amalgamated the the Boy's Grammar School to become Hall Cross Comprehensive School and finally closed when the school was moved to a new location. The Girls School has sat empty since. In 2007 the building was assessed for grade II listing but failed to make the grade as it had been altered from its original form.
The school building now sits empty and is awaiting demolition.