Wimpole Hall is a stately home located near Arrington in Cambridgeshire. It sits in a large park which includes a lake, a folly and farm.
Wimpole hall was first built in 1640, on the site of an old moated manor house and deer park, by Thomas Chicheley. The hall has been remodeled by various architects, the last was by H. E. Kendall in the 1840's.
The grounds of Wimpole Hall were laid out and modified by various gardeners, including Capability Brown. The grand avenue, some two and a half miles long, was designed by Charles Bridgeman. A feature of the north garden is a folly, built as a ruin resembling a castle tower and gateway.
The stable block is now the main visitors reception, with a shop and restaurant. Wimpole Hall is owned and run by the National Trust.