Williams Fasteners is located in Sheffield, Yorkshire.
Williams Fasteners, with the trading name of Williams Brothers (Sheffield) Ltd, was founded in 1870 by George Williams. It was based at Green Lane, Shalesmoor, Sheffield until 1997, when the head office was transferred to Shepcote Way which is on the outskirts of Sheffield close to the M1 which allows for better distribution of its products.
In 2005, Williams Fasteners was bought by its management team, ending 135 years of family ownership. The company has a turnover of around £6.5 million a year, selling over 53,000 different product lines especially for steel works, construction, railway, mining and window system customers, ranging across the UK and abroad in Canada and India. Having its own manufacturing division allows the company to produce bespoke fasteners from standard and exotic materials in a range of diameters and lengths which go into, amongst other things, nuclear powered submarines.
The Green Lane site is now derelict. It is a mixture of old and new buildings squeezed together in a random mixture. The site has been sold for redevelopment although it is unsure what the future holds.