Westwood Mills is a wool processing mill located in Linthwaite, Huddersfield. It is a grade II listed building built around 1798, that has been given consent to be converted into residential use.
The mill complex consists of what was scribbling, carding and fulling mill, office, warehouse, workshops, boiler and engine house. It was originally powered by water via a millpond before a boiler and engine was installed. A 85hp water turbine was installed by William Gunther and Sons from Oldham.
As with most mills in the country it has expanded over time, a canal runs parallel which was used to transport goods. The 19th century saw changes to the mill, the canals disused as faster transport was introduced, and the mill was modernised.
The mill fell into decline and finally closed. In October 2005 the new owners of the mill were given concent to convert the buildings for residential use, the interior was striped in preparation. The mill now sits empty and abandoned, its future is uncertain.