Tattershall Castle is a brick built castle, cared for by the National Trust, located in Tattershall, Lincolnshire.
Originally the castle was a fortified manor house, built by Robert de Tateshale in 1231. It was rebuilt and enlarged between 1430 and 1450 by Ralph de Cromwell, using over 700,000 bricks. Brick was an expensive building material, so castles constructed from them are rare.
Cromwell died in 1456 leaving the castle to his niece, Joan Bouchier. It was then confiscated by the crown when her husband died. Sir Henry Sidney acquired the castle in 1560 but soon sold it to Lord Clinton, Earl of Lincoln. In 1693, the Fortesques bought the castle and it remained in their family, but slowly fell into disrepair. Lord Curzon of Kedleston bought it in 1911 and set about restoring the castle. When he died in 1925, he left it to the National Trust.