Simmons Park is a recreation area located in the Town of Okehampton, Devon.
The park was founded in 1905, when Sydney Simmons acquired the meadow and woods beside the East Okement River and paid for it to be landscaped as a park with ornamental fountains, waterfalls and a beautiful Swiss style chalet. He presented the park to the town in 1906, it was then opened to the public on 8th July 1907 after being named Simmons Park.
Okehampton Town Council acquired Kempley Meadows in 1921, Sydney Simmons provided the funds to have the recreation grounds, including a bowling green, laid out with it being a condition that the work be done by the men of the town who were out of work.
Simmons park was refurbished in 2002, partly funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and individual donations, with the rest of the funding from Okehampton Town Council.
The park has grown to include multi-sports facilities, with play areas for all ages, a bandstand and the Parklands Leisure Centre.