Nerantzia Castle is located at the entrance to the harbour in Kos Town on the Greek island of Kos.
The castle was built in 1380 by the Knights of St. John, using building materials from the old harbour and other ruined buildings from the ancient city.
The area has shown traces of inhabitation as far back as the Mycenaean period.
The castle was improved upon, until 1514, its fortifications were strengthened and new ideas were put into place. The castle fell to the Turkish in 1523. The castle was destroyed by gunpowder in 1846, then left to decay.
The entrance to the castle is on the south side, over a moat on an inclined bridge, then through a gate containing remnants of a classical period frieze as well as the coat of arms of St. John. The inner wall is decorated with ancient inscriptions and relief sculpture, while the castle interior has various remains, including guardhouses, staircases and storerooms.
The moat on the city side of the Neratzia castle was transformed into a wide avenue, Finikon Avenue, in 1878.